Wednesday, December 23, 2009

let it be Christmas!

it's a family tradition to construct gingerbread houses every year at Christmas time. as you can see, we take liberty as to what we construct. i took a break from the usual at&t center to make a south Texas longhorn ranch this year. i like it. the lil colonel proclaimed enthusiastically that everyone did a "great job!" it was good times. merry Christmas y'all!

a fine display of craftiness from clara.
i suppose amy would probably win if these were judged in a contest. :)
lil forrest helped his dad create this masterpiece.

after struggling for ideas, Chrissy just started whippin it up and came out with a dandy.

hook 'em horns!

4 comments:

Diane said...

I think I'll mosey on over to the Circle Z Ranch and see if I can find one of them miniature longhorns it is so famous for.

Amber Faull said...

Those look great! I didn't do them this year. Don't remind my kids cause so far they haven't remembered. The gingerbread houses don't have quite the same charm when I'm not down there with you guys.

Amber Faull said...

I mean making the houses isn't the same for me when I'm not at Mom and Dad's house. Mom said you have to work Christmas Eve. I do too and at night even.

Chrissy said...

I would have liked to do some post-editing on these pics before you got your paws on 'em... but oh well, I guess I'm rendered powerless without a blog of my own to put 'em up on right now.