Monday, October 10, 2011

My World

I had some free time this weekend, which led me to do some reminiscing. I thought back on how Chrissy and I came to be. It was fun to think back on then, and realize where we're at now...and where we are headed.


This was a group blind date night organized by a mutual friend. Chrissy came right up to me and tied our hands together for this obstacle deal...when a cute girl does something like that, a dude obliges...and a seed was planted.


A while later we went with a group to go hiking at Lost Maples. Honestly, we hardly talked that day, and you can see we're on opposite sides of this picture, but I knew I had a lil thing for her the whole time. On the way home we stopped at Cider Mill Cafe and ate some delicious burgers. Sitting there at the picnic table, I had this moment...where I just looked over at Chrissy and thought to myself..."man she's beautiful." I also had this interesting desire to take care of her...you see, she didn't have the cash to get good bev with her burgs, and I could see she was disappointed with the water...these burgs clearly deserve more than that. I dropped the ball that day and didn't get her that drink. Yet here we are today, a few years later and we're married and expecting a lil dude to come along. There is nobody in the world I'd rather be on this adventure with. I don't know firsthand about the sacrifices of pregnancy...but I can see that it is indeed quite the sacrifice. I appreciate so much what she's doing for me and the little fella. I love you darlin, and I will always make sure you have good bev with your burgs. Good times.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Texas

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

It really is so fun to reminisce. And yes, you definitely have lived up to not buying me a bev that day... there's been more bev than a girl could ask for ever since! ;-)

I love you, too!