Tuesday, November 4, 2008

not my typical kind of post


well i hate to get political, but it somehow happened...someone sent me this video and said it was airing in california...don't know if that's true,but someone did take the time to make it.it was a bit appalling to watch...yet so ridiculous that i found it to be comical. what's not funny is the mockery they're making of mormon missionaries. for two years i walked and biked who knows how many miles...sweated in the summer heat...sloshed through the winter snow and ice and left everything that is familiar to me behind. i was yelled at and made fun of, even threatened at times. i interrupted my schooling and even missed a spurs championship...i left my family for two years and missed my little sister's wedding...and i did it all out of love...for my Heavenly Father and for His Son Jesus Christ...and for my fellow man. i consider those years and experiences to be sacred and was a bit disgusted to see this radically inaccurate depiction of what representatives of Jesus Christ really do. on a lighter note...i definitely made that white shirt and tie look a lot better than the two hosers in that video, and the spurs are gunning for their first victory tonight against the mavs and fabricio oberto should be returning to the lineup. go spurs go.

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

This is definitely true. My friends in California are fighting it like crazy, and I'm glad to hear you got word of it as well, it means increased awareness.

I emailed the networks personally that are airing it; CNN, Comedy Central, MSNBC/NBC. I never get involved with this kind of stuff, but for some reason I felt compelled.

Wouldn't hurt if you had a second to do the same!

Anyway, politics are exhausting. Any distraction is welcomed... sooo... GO SPURS GO (i guess :)

Barlow Fam said...

What a great post. Thanks Zach, and yes, sad but true.

Yangster said...

This is really playing on air? How lame! Chrissy, I've never seen you so political but I've heard you express your passion for prop 8. I admire your voice.... and Zach, I find it hilarious how note worthy it is that you gave up the Spurs championship in return for a mission. I've never heard that one before but here's to making it up this year.

Laura said...

Zach! This is an awesome post! I love your testimony. You should post this on facebook too!

Amber Faull said...

I saw that commercial too, Zach, and thought it was ridiculous. The news here showed a statement that the Church made about Proposition 8 that basically said that we (the LDS church) has a definite opinion about gay marriage but that we have shown respect to the other side of the issue and wish that they would do the same for us. I agree, stop mocking missionaries!

aubrie said...

UNBELIEVABLE!