Saturday, November 1, 2008

okay...un-happy november


so i am what you call a "we fan." it means we go above and beyond that of "fan." "we fans" have an emotional investment that just seems to make games mean even more. tonight i am heartbroken and i have no breezy's shoulder to weep on...i'm mad and i have no where to go to vent...so i must come here to the blog. i'm not blaming the game's outcome on the refs here,just a funny pic from the party last night. i am indeed devastated. the passion i have for sports makes the highs really high, and the lows really low. but that's what i love about competition and about sports. the feeling i get inside when my team is in a tight game coming down to the wire can't be replicated...my heart beats,my stomach churns, my feet constantly move, my legs tremble,my knuckles pop, and i absolutely love it. as weird as that may sound to y'all. i guess you have to experience pain to know joy."...having no joy, for they knew no misery;" (2 Nephi 2:23). i guess misery would kinda describe my state of being right now. i won't sleep tonight. i'll stare at the ceiling and think about how blake gideon (poor kid's a true freshman) let a game ending interception slip right through his hands with under ten seconds left. really my mind has constantly replayed that scene over and over in the last hour. i'm pretty much devastated. where can i turn for peace? we battled back and responded to so much adversity in that game...it felt like it was destiny to win when we took our first lead of the ballgame w/ 1:29 left...it wasn't so. this moment is pretty much the opposite of good times...but hey, "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Where can you turn for peace? John 14:27

Yangster said...

The funny thing is that for every reason that you love sports is the reason that makes it so hard for me to watch sports. I can't take that up and down and anticipation. I get so overwhelmed that I have to turn the channel or walk aways. I appreciate that you love it though cause then I can just get the whole thing w/out going crazy in between.

aubrie said...

that picture is hilarious. i hope things pick up for your teams..

Laura said...

This is a great picture. You need to post that on facebook!