Monday, January 19, 2009

don't mean to cause a ruckus,but...

i've supported him from the very beginning. he was President of the United States during some very trying times and had to make some very difficult decisions. many people greatly dislike him for some of those choices...but i'm not one of 'em...so i just thought i'd throw this out there to show my support and appreciation for W. how could i not love a President who stands next to mack brown and does this?...we'll welcome him back to the great state of Texas with open arms. "this is where the cowboy rides away." good times.

5 comments:

Amber Faull said...

I second that, Zach. I know he wasn't perfect, but I can't help but like the guy.

BPedraza said...

I totally agree with you. W did his best and stayed true to his roots. What more can we really ask?

Anonymous said...

If we are going to invoke songs I'll invoke Roy Clark. "Thank God and Greyhound you're gone"

But I will admit it was bad form to boo him when he arrived at the inauguration today.

Rebex said...

I'm totally with you. I was really sad to hear about everyone booing at the inauguration yesterday. Mean people suck! LOL

Inger-Lis said...

I guess my incredible dislike of Bush has to do more with some things he did that were quite quickly forgotten in the wake of everything else that went on. I do think he had some very trying events while in office and I feel bad about that, BUT first he personally pushed a bill that cut funding to colleges, thereby raising my tuition, then he himself agreed to raise my student loan rates, but the piece that really took the cake was when he vetoed the bill to extend medicaid to more children. The bill had passed in congress, but he vetoed it. That took away healthcare from my son, and I have never ever forgiven him for that one. OH, yeah, and my two year old still doesn't have healthcare. I realize Bush is not ENTIRELY to blame, but a mother doesn't easily forgive something like that.

While I think it is in poor taste to publicly humiliate someone like that, I would find it hard to be civil to him in person.