Thursday, January 8, 2009

one year home

so yesterday i celebrated having been home from the mish for one year. it seems crazy to think it was three years ago when i started my mission. i can't believe i've already been home a year though. yet the mish does feel so far away. i didn't do anything spectacular to celebrate the day. just spent it with people i appreciate (the fam and the chrissy) and ate some good food. we grilled salmon for lunch and then had some cheesecake with strawberries on top. so delish. i am so grateful for the chance i had to serve as a missionary...for a while it looked like i'd blown that opportunity. but going was one of the best choices i've ever made. i hold priceless the experiences i had, the people i met, and the things i learned. it was an absolute honor to represent the Savior and to be involved in His great work. now then, i thought about what all has happened since coming home and realized that it's not really all that much, but it's been a good year, and it's good to be home in the great state of Texas. good times y'all.

5 comments:

Amber Faull said...

Wow, that year has gone fast. It doesn't seem like very long ago that we came down to see you. Hope this year is even better for you:)

Chrissy said...

Mission's are great and all, but I'm sure glad you're back ;)

... really though, that you recognize the mission to be 'an absolute honor to represent the Savior' is, well, 'top notch'. it is quite common that a kid comes BACK from the mission and looking back is grateful to have been able to serve, but it is less common that a kid goes IN to the mission as honored and grateful as you were. I feel like that should be commended.

Well done, Zach O :)

Diane said...

Beautiful post, Zach. I always love to read your testimony.

.....oh, and I think at least one fabulous thing has happened since you got home....YOU MET US!

Anonymous said...

Yep I knew meeting me on your mission would change your life. I am glad I could do that for you.

Your Amigo

Cannon

Rebex said...

Wow! One year! That means I've been back for...umm...I won't say how long. Seems like forever ago. I would do it all over again.