Wednesday, January 27, 2010

...the rest of the trip


well it was a great trip to maryland...i had a day to spend before going to the temple with the flores family. so i immediately headed down to annapolis to find me some pupusas. they were delightful. i washed it down with a big gulp from the sev that was across the street from our old condo.


this is the view from across the river looking into annapolis at the U.S. Naval Academy.


then i ventured up to b-more, specifically highlandtown...where i roamed the streets as a young elder in his first area. not gonna lie, felt a lil uncomf walkin around that area alone and at night time...


...but i had to get me some chicken rico! it was so good...peruvian style charbroiled chicken...i love that place. it was my first time back there since eating there with mom,dad, and grandma nielsen when they visited me on the mish. so it holds a special place in my heart...then i made it back to my hotel and visited with an old friend robby t. the next morning i was pleasantly surprised to not only get to see the flores, but the entire cedar creek branch practically. that branch was clearly the branch that i became the closest to throughout my mission. it was a great trip, the only thing that would have made it better was a little more time out there and if chrissy could have come along to see and enjoy with me.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

John saw this post and yelled, "CHICKEN RICO!"

I guess that place is pretty good.

Chrissy (yes, I am taking the liberty to speak for her) and I would LOVE to join you guys out there one day...

Chrissy said...

Let's do it!

Diane said...

sounds like a great trip, and you packed a lot into a short visit. I am getting really good at reading your posts, I didn't even need my "Handy Reference for Abbreviated Terms Handbook" :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss the Big Gulp! There was a 7/11 in Palo Alto that I called "my office" because they had a pay phone and big gulp machine all in one place. And what else does a world headquarters for an electrical contractor need?
Sounds like a great trip! A visit the ol' mish.

Brittany said...

Sounds like you had a great "lil" trip! The pupusas look delish. I'm sure you know, but there are 7-11's in Austin, which town I know you're happy to visit anyway.