Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mountain Biking

For some time I've wanted to get into mountain biking. I just never seemed to pull the trigger on getting one. I loved riding my bike around all the fun trails as a boy in Washington. (and Texas) So when I kept finding all these neat trails here, I decided now was the time. So happy birthday/father's day to me! I bought a bike...a Trek 3700. It seems pretty nice, and I'm pretty excited about my new hobby. The other day I took it out for a test run on a trail that I found. It was pretty much ridiculous. It was along this high overlook of the Puget Sound, through the woods...and eventually leading to the old site of the Wilkes Observatory. Wilkes was a Naval officer and explorer back in the day. I sat there looking out over the water, and the mountains and just thought to myself how awesome it was. I looked over to my left and there was a dadgum rabbit not five feet away, just looking at me and nibbling on something. Then on the ride back I rode on a trail looking directly out towards Mt. Rainier off in the distance. I almost busted out singing "What a Wonderful World." Lookin forward to some good times.


















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:DuPont, WA

1 comment:

Amber Faull said...

That sounds fun. Life's always good when you can look out at the ocean (or the Puget Sound). I'm hoping to get a bike soon too.