Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Proud to be an American

My dad is one of my greatest heroes. He is a colonel in the United States Army. He has dutifully and loyally served our great nation for over 30 years. I'm proud to be the son of such a man and officer and have learned a great deal from his example. I have great respect for all who have served and those who are currently serving this country, and hope to honor them every day, but especially today on Veteran's Day. I am proud to be an American.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

ten-hut :-)

Diane said...

Amen

Brittany said...

Nice tribute to a great holiday (even if I had to work). At least the active duty man around here got the day off!

Amber Faull said...

We're lucky to have such great parents! I'm especially grateful for Dad when I hear Matt's stories about his dad.