Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sunday Will Come

It’s always difficult losing loved ones. I lost three of my grandparents at a young age so the reality of it didn’t really quite sink in at the time. I did get much more time with my Grandma Nielsen though, and I’ll never forget that general conference weekend in Winchester,VA when President Moody called me to inform me of her passing. It’s a heartbreaking thing to lose a grandparent or any loved one that has touched you in so many ways. Chrissy and her family are going through this very thing right now with the passing of her Grandpa Freeman. My heart certainly goes out to them and their family. What a blessing the gospel is during difficult times like this. I’m reminded of one of my favorite talks from Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, it brought comfort to me and he shares a great message in it. Just thought I’d share it.

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=00400d034ceae010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD

No comments: