Friday, December 12, 2008

Colt McCoy dug the red river with his bare hands to keep the riff raff out of the Republic.



well i'm not gonna lie...this college football season has been full of lots of joy, yet bits of agony as well. in the end i find myself greatly disappointed in the season. and we're playing in a major bcs bowl. i've tried to keep comments to myself thus far...but sitting around the house today pondering has led me to this. to hache with the bcs...and screw the oklahoma sooners. i can't fathom why a team with the same record as us, who lost to us by ten points, got to go play another team(that we clobbered) for the big 12 championship and esentially an invite to the bcs national championship game. the system is whack and every year it seems to show that...it just so happens that this year it's my team that's getting screwed over. i now fully support a playoff system for college football. one bright spot i still have shining though is the brilliance of colt mccoy. the dude's a wizard out there on the field...i absolutely love watching him play. i never thought my heart could go to another texas quarterback after vince young...but colt has done that for me. tomorrow evening he will be in new york city to hopefully receive the heisman trophy. if that idiot from ou wins i'm gonna puke. here's to good times y'all. hook 'em!

4 comments:

Amber Faull said...

I just read a funny spoof about the BCS titled "The BCS Names Germany the Winner of WWII." I'll email you a copy if you want. Matt has hated the BCS for years, it's part of why he only cares about NFL and not college football so much.

Anonymous said...

People get so worked up over this entire BCS thing. Remember folks it's only a game. Lots of money involved though.

I remember a few years ago a law suit by an LDS person over prayer at a high school football game in Texas. My thoughts were, what is the problem, football is religion in Texas isn't it?

Zach O. said...

yea amber send me that...i saw the title somewhere but didn't read it. sounds funny. and it is just a game, that's why i haven't jumped off a cliff or something. i also remember that lawsuit...wrote a paper and did a presentation on it in a class in college. we prayed at all my games come hell or high water.

Liz said...

Easy on OU, Matt is a Sooner...but he doesn't really care if they win or lose. I'm just thrilled the U beat BYU:) It was fun to visit your blog!