Wednesday, December 10, 2008

thanks a 1,000















i thought this day, when tim duncan plays his 1,000th game for the san antonio spurs, deserved a blog post tribute. i mean this with all seriousness when i say that timmy has brought so much happiness into my life. he came as a real blessing as the #1 overall pick the year after big dave hurt his back...he was the missing piece to what is now a glorious dynasty. he has led our team with class to 4 championships. since the spurs drafted timmy d...no team in any professional sport has a higher winning percentage. he represents the franchise, city, and the game with class and dignity. he simply goes to work and dominates games on both ends of the court (as evidenced by him pounding steve nash's shot for dinner there)...and he doesn't beat his chest and say "look at me" while he does it. he is one of the greatest to ever play the game. he has no doubt moved up my list to become my all-time favorite athlete...and honestly, i don't see anyone ever taking that spot. i'm just so glad that he is a san antonio spur...so here's to timmy d. thanks for the good times 21.

8 comments:

Rebex said...

I love me some Tim Duncan!

Chrissy said...

I had no idea! good thing i slept in the spurs shirt last night... makes me feel like i did a lil' somethin'.

Stephanie King said...

You just HAD to use a picture with one of my boys didn't ya?!?!

Punk.

Big game on Christmas!! You're going down.


:)

aubrie said...

i like that pic of tim duncan smiling! he just looks like a regular dude, which makes him so likeable.

Diane said...

Solid.

Yangster said...

You know how I love me some Nash so I'll just say I support Timmy, just not all the pics you posted ;)

Anonymous said...

" i mean this with all seriousness when i say that timmy has brought so much happiness into my life. he came as a real blessing..."

I think maybe you need to get more of a life Zach. :)

And just for argument's sake, Duncan is good but he still isn't MJ.

Zach O. said...

well in response...i enjoy steve nash but the numbers don't lie in his head to head matchups with timmy. and no timmy is not mj...there will never be another mj. but i just appreciate timmy's whole package more than jordan's. substance over style. and cyclingred, down texas way, the spurs are life. and my blog title indicates my feelings on life here. :)