Sunday, December 7, 2008

a day that will live in infamy






i can't believe we're already working our way into december...that's crazy. today, on dec 7th, i am reminded of the attacks on pearl harbor back in 1941...i believe that was a sunday morning as well. i appreciate the manner in which our great country rallied from those devastating attacks and how they responded to adversity. but on another (much lighter) note, it looks like my beloved texas longhorns will play against ohio st. in the sugar bowl on january 5th. i couldn't watch the big 12 championship yesterday as it sickened me to think that two teams texas beat soundly were playing for the conference championship...besides, i had great company and was enjoying myself otherwise. i think watching that just would have upset me. my spurs scored over 100 pts in consecutive games for the first time all season...i feel good about manu and tp coming back from injury...and am confident we will be a serious force to be reckoned with come april,may,june. i'm stoked. i gotta say life is good these days. happy december and good times y'all.


3 comments:

Tim said...

Pearl Harbor was a conspiracy. They let it happen.
(just kidding, no disrespect intended)

I was going to comment on your last post. I didn't hear about Elder J. Wirthlin until 2 or 3 days after, when I finally read your blog, but I had noticed for a couple of days that you had a new post titled "we lost a good man today," but I didn't have a chance to read it. The whole time I thought the Spurs must have traded someone or had a big injury.

Anonymous said...

I thought I read the Utes were playing Alabama in the Sugar bowl. I would have expected better from you Zach. :)

Zach O. said...

haha...yea uncle kim you got me there. i jumped the gun with faulty information. that was just the last bowl projection i had seen. turns out my beloved horns will be doing the fiesta bowl.